DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
Department of Civil Engineering is headed by Prof. Mr. Rohit Kumar.
Civil Engineers play a vital role in building a nation. They are constantly engaged in designing, construction and maintenance of all small to big projects of high rise housing, commercial complexes, hotels; transportation: expressways and roads, railways, airports, metros; water supply and waste management; irrigation and hydropower; ports, jetties and offshore platforms etc to improve quality of human life. It is one of the largest employment sectors in the world. The Department of Civil Engineering is one of the best in the National Capital Region, with highly qualified faculty, some of them with an IIT background in the field of structural engineering, RCC and steel design, soil and foundation engineering, environmental engineering, hydraulics engineering, geo-informatics, transportation and highway engineering. The department has the best laboratory infrastructure with all state of the art equipment and software’s to train students. To enhance the employability of students, the department conducts regular training programs for students on latest software like AutoCad, Solid Works, SSTAD-Pro, MS Project, Primevera etc. The department also provides rigorous and intensive summer trainings to the students at our own project sites (Skyline Infrastructure) besides offering opportunities with other projects, to give them best industry experience. Students are also regularly visit various under construction projects sites; like, buildings, highways, bridges, water supply and sewage treatment plants. The department also provides expert guidance on career selection and opportunities hunting in government and private sector through career counseling and placement activities
Civil Engineers play a vital role in the nation building. Besides construction industry, intricate structural systems, roads & bridges, oil exploration platforms both on land & sea and other numerous projects, civil engineers are often called upon to play an important role in the areas of design and execution. They are also responsible for building good quality transportation systems like highways, airports, rail lines, sea ports, etc. Their another key role is in Environment Engineering, where the engineers deal with various applications involving critical methods employed for eradicating pollution in air & by-products of industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR CIVIL ENGINEERS
- Central government services of Railways, CPWD, MES, CWC and Border Roads through All India Engineering Services Examination (AIES) conducted by UPSC.
- State Government Services of PWD, Irrigation , Public Health, Development Authorities, and Rural infrastructure through state public service commission examinations.
- All major public sector undertakings through GATE score
- Defence Services like Corp of Engineers in Army
- Leading Construction companies like L&T,HCC, Continental, Shapoorji Pallonji etc
- Major Housing companies like DLF, Ansal , Jaypee, Skyline, Supertech, Omaxe, Amrapali etc
- In the pursuit of higher studies and taking up teaching as career in more than 2000 engineering colleges across the country.
- Moreover Civil Engineers are also eligible to apply for all government jobs i.e. UPSC (IAS, IPS, IFS, etc.), Banking and Insurance services.
- Civil Engineers can also avail very good opportunity to work as self-employed design and project management professional, and also as a government or private contractor in construction work